Contributing to FAKE
This page should provide you with some basic information if you're thinking about contributing to FAKE.
This page can be edited by sending a pull request to the FAKE project on GitHub, so if you learn something when playing with FAKE please record your findings here!
The documentation for FAKE is automatically generated using the amazing F# Formatting library.
*.md (Markdown with embedded code snippets) and
*.fsx files (F# script file with embedded Markdown documentation) into a nice HTML documentation.
The code for all the documents can be found in the
helpdirectory on GitHub. If you find a bug or add a new feature, make sure you document it!
If you want to build the documentation, simply run the build script GitHub link) which builds the documentation.
Creating pull requests
- fork the FAKE repo on GitHub
- add a new git remote in order to retrieve upstream changes git remote add upstream https://github.com/fsharp/FAKE.git
- checkout the
- run the build in order to check if everything works
- on Mono run build.sh
- on Windows run build.cmd
- create a new feature branch git checkout -b myfeature
- implement your bugfix/feature
- add a bit of documentation (see above)
- commit and push to your fork
- use GitHub's UI to create a pull request write "WIP" into the pull request description if it's not completely ready
- if you need to rebase you can do: git fetch upstream git rebase upstream/master git push origin myfeature -f
- the pull request will be updated automatically