The F# Open Engineering Group is a technical group associated with The F# Software Foundation. We manage the cross-platform and open-source F# Compiler and Components repositories and the F# Community Project Incubation Space.
The group works cooperatively with major industrial and community contributors to F# to facilitate open-source contributions across the F# ecosystem. For example:
We cooperate with the Debian packaging team to see F# packaged on Debian.
Goals and Remit
See our Goals and Remit document.
To get involved:
Our mission is to maintain the excellent quality of the core F# implementation across these platforms, and to extend the tooling available for F# across your favorite platforms.
Naming, Engineering and General Advice
How Your Contributions to the F# Language, Compiler and Core Library Are Delivered Cross-Platform
An Update on the F# Compiler Services, Visual F# Power Tools and more
Our first blog entry
Most group discussion happens in other forums. To contact the group, please either:
- Ask questions on StackOverflow
- Post to our Google Group
- Propose or discuss an F# language feature - please check for duplicates first
- Contribute an issue to the F# compiler and library
- Contribute an issue to other core repositories
- Contribute an issue to F# community incubation projects
If using the Xamarin, Microsoft or Intellifactory professional tooling for F#, you should use the support contacts for those products. They may also refer you to the above forums for some issues.
The convenors of the F# Open Engineering Group are Michael Newtown, Dave Thomas, Tomas Petricek and Don Syme. You can contact them directly, though it is better to use one of the public forums above.
- Recommended Guidelines for F# Projects, Packages and Namespaces
- Online meeting notes, 18 September 2014
- Contributing to the F# Language and Compiler
- Some Recent F# Open Engineering Highlights
- Introducing the F# Open Engineering Group
- Online meeting notes, 02 July 2013
- The F# Open Engineering Group Goals, Remit and Activities